Monday, September 21, 2009

What Ever Happened to Jack McKinney

A massage client who suddenly let me know he was well-versed in my dad´s story and oh, by the way, developed some software that allowed writers to do something that allowed him to read a lot of manuscripts, read my book. He read the entire thing on a Friday night. His poor wife.

But yo, he said he couldn´t put it down. He says I´m doing it all wrong. I need to stress to agents that they will learn What Happened to Jack McKinney. I immediately think of some Manhattan women who have no clue who Jack McKiiney. Those women who work as agents who I have been contacting. Who yawn at my story. So I think OK, maybe this guy, Pat, is right. I´ll try it his way.

To be continued.

2 comments:

  1. Taking critiques is always an interesting balancing act (after you get done screaming in frustration, of course). Trying to figure out whether the critter is right or whether you were right to begin is often hard to be objective about. My rule of thumb about accepting criticism is that two people have to agree on a suggested change: either one critter and me, or at least two critters. If two people mention the same thing, then I know I better sit up and take notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very interesting. That's a whole different pitch.

    ReplyDelete