Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Beatles doing Shakespeare!

For their end-of-the-year project, I have both my high school and junior high English groups doing different scenes from A Midsummer Night´s Dream. 
To inspire them, I searched YouTube for similar performances and found the Coolest Thing Ever.  I found an old BBC show featuring the Beatles doing the last scene, where the bumbling actors put on The Cruel Death of Pyrams and Thisbe!  Go to this link now!  http://tinyurl.com/2bukroz  Or search Beatles - Pyramus and Thisbe on YouTube.


See John Lennon as Thisbe, Paul McCartney as Pyramus (with a P letter sweater), George Harrison as Moonbeam and Ringo Starr as Lion. 

I´m speaking about my memoir at the San Miguel Literary Sala this afternoon, so must get back to work on my talk...

Go Beatles!

No comments:

Post a Comment