Friday, April 23, 2010

Mexican beach

http://tinyurl.com/y3h37bl
Open the above link QUICK! and see what Miami Herald writer Andres Oppenheimer says about Mexico courting US retirees.   
Going to the beach tomorrow.  My client and friend, Pat, says Barra de Potosi is where all the 60s hippies ended up.  Last year, though, I only observed lots of Mexican families eating mesquite-grilled fresh fish and laying in hammocks oceanside.  We´re part of that group.  I feel pretty good that our 13 and 15-year old girls still think it´s a cool thing to go to the beach with their parents.  The no-frills ambience of Barra de Potosi does allow us to pack lightly - bikini, flip flops, sunscreen. 
 
My great friend and wonderful author Sandra Gulland visited my high school class on Tuesday and talked about writing Mistress of the Sun and her forthcoming novel, about another of Louis XIV´ mistresses.  I was proud that my students asked thoughtful questions.  Many stayed after the bell to continue to talk to Sandra.
 
My husband is finished college, yet he still gets up at 4 or 5 in the morning, accustomed to studying.  I think a trip to the beach is just what he needs to readjust his whole way of living after almost 5 years. 
 
I´m taking index cards, at Sandra´s suggestions, to outline all the scenes of my YA novel, which is retitled, Everybody Is A Star.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment